Hotmail.com is a free web based email service currently run by Microsoft as Outlook.com. Hotmail comes with a wide range of features such as email, attaching files to hotmail, sending pictures and many more. Microsoft has provided every account holder with a free 5 GB worth of storage space and another 25 GB of space on Windows Live SkyDrive.
As hard as we try, we often forget the password for our email accounts. You might have to face other Hotmail login problem.
Here are the list of basic Hotmail login problem and how to solve them :
- Confirm your Internet connection whether you are trying to log in your hotmail account desktop or Hotmail mobile with Internet. Re-try or just contact your ISP in that case.
- First of all, if the hotmail login page shows login error of “invalid ID and password”, make sure that the password and email ID you are using is correct character by character.
- Make sure that the “caps lock” is turned off, as passwords are case sensitive.
- If you still can’t sign and the notification says “Invalid Id and password”, your account might have been hacked and someone else might have gone access to your account. Or, if you have just forgotten your password, Click on Can’t access your account? and select the appropriate option to reset your password.
Follow the simple guidelines provided by the page which will also require you to enter your Email address that you provided during Sign up. Or you can also receive security code to reset your password with the phone number you previously used.
- If the hotmail page won’t log you in, it might also be the problem with your browser. Delete Cache and Cookies from your browser and you might need to reboot and restart your browser. Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete in your keyboard in order to do that.
- If you are using your Mobile and you cannot log in:
- The mobile app might have been out of date, go to the app store and update your app.
- You might be running low on the internal storage, delete cache data and remove any unnecessary apps.
- If it’s a malfunction with the app, Force stop the app and restart it again.
- The device processor might have been overloaded, reboot and try again.
These are lists of most common hotmail login problem that you might face. If you still have any problem, then just follow the Contact Us link or you can post questions on the comment box below.